Saturday, November 29, 2014

Darkness Falls on Dream Weaver Novels

Hi all. Normally, I have a chipper note or a fun interview for you. And I know that a lot of you who check in here are true fans of my books. Out of all my characters, the one with the most fan response has been the little beagle pup, Eddyson. 
So, it is with a heavy heart that I share this sad news with family, friends and fans of Dream Weaver Novels. The beagle pup in the books, Eddyson, was largely based on my own sweet boy Dyson. Eddy and Dyson (notice the overlap of their names) kind of grew up together and I tried to weave the antics of the real pup into the fictional one.
All that said to say this: I posted on Facebook several weeks ago that Dyson was diagnosed with stage 3 lymphoma. We dosed him with prednisone twice a day, and originally, the meds worked and reduced the size of the lymph nodes in his neck. Unfortunately, the steroids aren't a cure and even chemo in dogs is not a guarantee. The nodes again began to swell, and it became obvious the boy was in pain. I promised him when he was diagnosed that I would not let him suffer, no matter how much it broke my heart. So after a rough sleepless night for both of us, I decided I had to be brave and keep my promise to my puppa love. The vet confirmed I'd made the right decision, and five minutes later my beautiful boy rested his head on his paws, breathed his last, and grew incredibly still. It was so fast. The vet allowed us to stay with him, love on him, anoint his coat with our tears and whisper all the precious words he already knew.
 
**I love you puppadoo. And I miss you already. Thank you for saving me.**
IN LOVING MEMORY OF THE BEST DOG IN THE WORLD! EVER!




As always...Dare to Dream!
Su


No comments:

Post a Comment