I know you're out there. Not just the usual fan. But an ULTIMATE, overboard, slavering and crazed fan. A fan so rabid, you might be mistaken for one of those Walking Dead walkers you love so much. Well, if that's not you, I make up for at least six of you. So let's talk about it. Traumatized by the latest episode? Me too. Let's chat. Think you know what the '22' pendant on Shane's necklace means? (You do?!? Tell me, cuz I don't know that one.) I've gathered an extensive list of trivia questions and comments on the 'most watched show on TV.' So check back every Saturday for the WALKING DEAD ULTIMATE FAN TRIVIA!
Sunday, March 19, 2017Hello my lovelies! I have a confession. I just started watching the entire series of The Walking Dead...for, like, the 12th time. It just seems like all the shows I want to watch--The Magicians, The Vikings, The Expanse--I either can't get the first seasons or the listings are missing huge chunks in the middle of the current season. I know, I'm whining. But TWD is always a comfortable place for me...well, except that one episode (you all know which one that is). And I still, after all these viewings, find little details that I've missed the other 10 or 11 times I watched them.
So are you ready? Let's get the answers for last week's questions.
1. In 'Tell it to the Frogs', Shane tells Carl they'll make Cajun Style Frog Legs from all the frogs they catch. Lori continues the conversation by saying, "I'd rather eat Miss Piggy." In the end, they don't catch any frogs--but Andrea and Amy bring in a boat load of fish.
2. In Episode 1:5 Vatos, Miguelito calls Guillermo 'G'.
3. And Guillermo tells Rick that his job before the turn was the custodian of the old folks home where the Vatos are holed up. He also says that now they all look to him as a leader and doesn't know why. Rick tells him, 'because they can.'
And now, this week's questions will finish up season 1:
1. Who is TS-19?
2. What does Jenner take from Daryl as he passes him in the hall when the AC gets shut down?
3. When the group is trying to get out of the CDC, Carol tells Rick that she found something in his laundry that might help them get out. What is it?
Well, it was good to see Carol back last week, though I'm a little concerned about her emotional state when all of this is over. I'd love to hear what you think the outcome will be. Who do you think is going to take Negan out? And do you think Rosita and Sasha are going to cause more problems than they solve? What do you think of the 'Heapsters'? I'm kinda diggin' the character of Jadis and her dark crew. She's a woman of few words and I love how the negotiations between her and Rick end with 'say yes'. And, do you think Daryl really wants his vest back from Dwight after he's gotten all his cow-towing stink all over it? I like the rolled up sleeve look he's rockin' now. And Richard gave him a new crossbow so he won't need the old one with its 'oblongata stains' back. That too has Dwight cooties all over it!
I wish you all a wonderful week, and don't forget to watch The Walking Dead on AMC, tonight at 9 PM.
|I've loved this pic from the moment I saw it!|
* * *
Saturday, March 11, 2017Season 1, Episode 2 was entitled 'GUTS!' Fittingly so, since it was the first time Rick and the gang used Walker guts to conceal themselves amongst the throng.
And here are the answers to last week's trivia questions:
1. Episode 2, boasted a content warning that isn't on any other episode. This warning included not only the typical graphic violence notice but a sexual content warning as well, for Shane and Lori's little romp in the woods.
2. Rick tells Glenn over the tank's radio that he has a Baretta with one clip, 15 rounds. He also finds a grenade hanging from the soldier in the tank.
3. When Rick asks Glenn why he stuck his neck out and helped him, Glenn says, "Foolish, naive hope that if I'm ever that far up shit creek, maybe someone would do the same for me."
4. Roughly, Merle's first words on camera are "Hey! You oughta be more polite to a man with a gun. Only common sense."
Other things you might've noticed is that the Walkers are able to run, climb and use tools like rocks in this episode.
This week's questions are from Season 1, Episodes 3 & 5, and here's a little info on them:
Episode 1:3 is called 'Tell it to the Frogs' and was the first episode to use a phrase that was spoken by one of the characters during the episode. Later on, in Season 5, Episode 3, Maggie tells Father Gabriel that 'the Lord's House' is just 'Four Walls and a Roof' and more recently, this season's Episode 7 title is from a line spoken by Eugene, Hostiles and Calamities.
OK! Here we go! Ready?
1. In 'Tell it to the Frogs', what does Shane say they'll make with all the frog legs?
2. In Episode 1:5 Vatos, what does Miguelito call Guillermo?
3. And what was Guillermo's job before the turn?
Are you having fun with this? I have to wonder that maybe I'm just a total overboard geek when it comes to the Walking Dead, but I have a hunch that there are more folks like me out there just looking for a place to geek out. You're welcome here.
Have an amazing week. And don't forget to watch The Walking Dead on AMC, Sunday at 9 PM. Oh! And just for a little extra fun, here are the links to Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick on Facebook & Twitter, and my favorite TD guest, Yvette Nicole Brown's Facebook page. I'm excited to see the new show she's hosting called Cosplay Melee airing March 21 on SyFy at 10 PM.
Saturday, March 4, 2017Yeah, I skipped a week. These nasty flu bugs are kinda kickin' my butt. So let's jump right into it. To answer the questions from last time:
1. Rick is convinced that Lori and Carl are still alive because all the family pictures and albums are gone.
2. When Rick goes back to the park to kill the half walker, he tells her "I'm sorry this happened to you."
3. When Shane and Lori are in the tent arguing about putting up signs to warn people away from Atlanta, Shane keeps telling her to tell him 'okay.' Lori's response is "I'm a good mom."
All right! Ready to move on? Time for 'GUTS!'
1. What content warning is on Episode 2, Guts, that isn't on any other episode?
2. Rick tells Glenn over the tank's radio that he has a Baretta with one clip, 15 rounds. What else does Rick find in the tank?
3. When Rick asks Glenn why he stuck his neck out and helped him, what is Glenn's response?
4. What, roughly, are Merle's first words on camera?
Anyone else have any fun trivia about the actors or the show? I'd love to hear it. Until then, don't forget to tune in to The Walking Dead on AMC, Sunday at 9 PM. It's about time our boys and babes did a little @$$ kicking. And of course, let's decompress with Chris Hardwick and Talking Dead. Links to Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages are available on this site. See y'all next time!
* * *
Saturday, February 18, 2017
Welcome back, y'all! How did you do on last week's questions? Well, it was a reach back to the dark ages. Here are the answers:
|Yup! This is 'Deadliest' Dillinger|
2. Rick lights 3 matches on the hospital stairs as he's trying to get out of the hospital.
3. When Morgan asks Rick about his gunshot wound (Duane says he's a bank robber), Rick jokes that he's 'Deadliest Dillinger' and ends with the embellishment 'ka-pow!'
So for this week, let's begin with a little trivia.
Did you know that Norman Reedus actually auditioned for the role of Merle, but the director type folks liked him so much that they created the role of Daryl Dixon especially for him? That's impressive!
OK, questions...back to Season 1 Episode 1 - Days Gone By:
1. Why is Rick convinced that Lori and Carl are still alive?
2. When Rick goes back to the park to kill the half walker, what does he say to her?
3. When Shane and Lori are in the tent arguing about putting up signs to warn people away from Atlanta, Shane keeps telling her to tell him 'okay.' What does she say in response to him?
Alright! I'd love your input. Would you prefer to start with questions from more recent shows, or continue from the beginning? Leave me your response in the comments here or on the Facebook or Twitter post you followed to get here.
Any comments about last week's episode? The Slice-Capades were a-ma-zing! Reminded me of the night scene on the way to Alexandria when Rick, Michonne, Erin and Glenn (*sniffle sniffle*) plow through the horde on the highway. Any thoughts on what's to come? Who do you think will take Negan out? I hope it's brutal whoever it is. And SOON! Though I hear Jeffrey Dean Morgan is contracted for a couple seasons. Geez, I hope not. He does his job too well. I literally had panic attacks whenever he showed up in the next couple of episodes after...that one episode that I will only ever watch that one time. Never again.
I hope you have a great week. Don't forget! The Walking Dead shows tomorrow, Sunday on AMC at 9 PM. Don't forget to watch or record it!
* * *
Past Post: Saturday, February 11, 2017
OK Folks! Here we go. Since the Walking Dead mid-season premiere is tomorrow, Feb. 12, 2017, I figured this would be a great day to start the trivia questions. Now, I'm still experiencing a few technical issues with the blog, so please bare with me just for a little while.
Ready? Let's go!
We are reaching way back to the very beginning of the series, Episode 1:1 Days Gone By, for these questions.
1. What was the time on the hospital room clock when Rick wakes up from his coma?
2. How many matches does Rick light on the hospital stairs as he's trying to get out of the hospital?
3. When Morgan asks Rick about his gunshot wound (Duane says he's a bank robber), who does Rick joke that he is?
OK, that's it for this week. Let me know if these are too easy...or too hard. I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions and input. I know there are more crazed TWD fans out there, so let's have a little fun with this.